August Myrtle Beach Market UpdateIn my latest Myrtle Beach market, I have some great news for home sellers as we move through August. According to the latest numbers, now’s the time to put your
Selling Your Home Use These Tips Before Buyers View It
1. Simplify things by choosing one room at a time to work with. Work from left to right, putting things away and wiping down or dusting as you go.
2. Keep the bathroom spotless, counter tops, tubs and entire toilet clean, even around the bottom. Make sure seat and lid are down for showings. Clean mirrors first then faucets with the same rag or paper towels.
3. Ottomans are fantastic for storing items, such as books,magazines and spare blankets, where they are easily accessible yet out of sight.
4. Get those cables in line with appropriate use of zip ties, cable organizers, and find a good hiding spot, such as the back part of the underside of a desk.
5. Folks , we all know how proud you are of your 64 inch wide screen with satellite service, Blu-Ray DVD player, surround sound, and holographic projection. However, having all of those remotes on the table, couch, and/or wherever you leave them can be a bit chaotic. You can set aside a specific place to put the remotes with Velcro, or find a specific container to place them in. Perhaps a stylish bowl, or small ornate box will do the trick.
6. Shower hooks are far more space efficient for hanging purses, and other various items than clothes hangers.
7. Speaking of clothes hangers, see if you can whittle down the number in your closet to 30 or less. Fold what you can and hide them away in drawers.
8. A home has a way of accruing about a billion small items that you just can’t bring yourself to toss. With small boxes and some labels, you can keep them from cluttering your house, while still having them within easy access.
9. Fold your sheets and place them into their matching pillow cases. This is a genius way to keep bedding organized, and easy to work with.
10. It’s amazing how many books and magazines people can store that they either don’t read, or have read a billion times and could recite by heart. If you don’t actually need them, donate or sell them off to help create some extra breathing room.
11. Each time you clean the house, throw away or donate at least five non-essential items, including nick knacks and worn out or unused furniture. Less is more when getting ready to sell your home.
12. Making the bed is not only an obvious way to improve the look and feel of your room, but it helps any clutter look more out of place so you want to clean it as well. Have a new bright and clean bedspread and pillow shams to enhance the importance of the room.
13. Simply dealing with mail immediately (especially trashing the junk mail) prevents a headache later when it’s time to handle bills. Plus, it makes the mail area look much nicer.
14. A simple way to keep your life less cluttered is to donate or sell a clothing item, when you buy a new one. Besides, this can help you keep up with current fashion trends.
By having less "stuff" in general will make your home feel spacious and inviting, and make it much easier to touch up when agents start showing your home. If you need more ideas and tips, just give me a call and I will make your home a pleasure to sell.
A Long Term Local to help you "Make the Move!" Beth has plenty of history with the Grand Strand Area, Her father was born in Georgetown County and he grew up in the Browns Ferry area. He joine....