1. Overgrown LawnGoing ‘au naturel’ may be in vogue this season when it comes to grooming your brows, but not when it comes to your lawn maintenance. When a prospective homebuyer is pulling up
Koi Fish Not Your Ordinary Aquatic Vertebrate
I went to an open house at the Myrtle Beach Academy for Arts, Science and Technology last night since my son is an upcoming High School freshman. I was quite taken back by the non-traditional High School.
They offer combined class learning which is labeled STEM. The learning model takes away the individual classroom walls and integrates Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics learning. What an awesome concept! They also offer a true hands on learning environment for Digital Arts, Traditional Arts (which really isn't) Drama, Entertainment and Studio Productions, Engineering and Pre-Medical classes.
Their academic scores are some of the best in the state.
During the introduction speech from the Vice Principle she mentioned that the schools mascot is the KOI fish- Sounds so strange until you learn about these creatures.
1. Koi fish-type of carp-originate from Japan (some say China) and represent love and friendship in Japanese culture.
2. Most Koi fish outlive their owners, having a lifespan of up to 200+ years. (Certain Species)
3. They come in a variety of colors, not just orange. They may appear orange, yellow, white, red and black and no two are exactly the same.
4. Koi have no stomach, instead have pure gut- lots of guts!
5.Koi fish are very intellectual.
6. They are recognized as symbols of perseverance and endurance, as well as strength and individualism.
7.Koi are docile, social fish that enjoy living in pairs or groups
8. Koi like to swim against the water flow.
9. Koi will only grow as big as their environment will allow them, so give them plenty of room to grow.
So the Koi fish is a great mascot...especially after you learn about them. The children that attend this school are often a lot like Koi. So here's to the MB-AAST, it's students, staff and administrators!
I don't know about you but it really makes me want to have a Koi pond and send my child to the MB-ASST High School!
Thanks To: http://www.sweeneyfeeders.com/5-interesting-facts-koi-fish/,http://www.softschools.com/facts/animals/koi_fish_facts/474/,http://koistory.com/blog/all-about-koi-fish-facts,Facts About Koi Fish | petMD
A Long Term Local to help you "Make the Move!" Beth has plenty of history with the Grand Strand Area, Her father was born in Georgetown County and he grew up in the Browns Ferry area. He joine....